We were very thankful yesterday that Caden fell asleep just minutes before dropping Daddy off at the airport. He really doesnt take the whole Goodbye thing very well and it almost makes us all cry to watch him. Last night he didn't say much about Daddy's abscence. This morning, when he woke up the first thing he said was "Daddy Work?" I told him yes and left it at that. He is pretty used to Chris not being here in the mornings when he wakes up but tonight as he was going to sleep he sat up and asked "Where Daddy?" I told him Daddy was still at work and he shrugged his little shoulders and laid back down. He really is a Daddy's boy.
We did hear from Chris today. He has safely arrived somewhere over there. He will not reach his final destination for a few days yet, but he is as safe as it gets for now. I always hate the travel phase of his overseas work. At least the layover gives him a couple days to finish this weeks homework assignments for the classes he is taking.
1 comment:
I just want to let you know again that I think you are an amazing woman and quite an inspiration to me! We'll pray for Chris' safety, and for your sanity, LOL.
Post a Comment