We are back in West Virginia, ok, we have been back for a few days. It always takes a few days to get everything settled down and back into the rhythm so that blogging can happen.
Our trip to Grandma's house was great (even if I didn't get me cereal). It was not, however, the restful trip I expected it would be. To start with, I mistakenly aloud Russell to have Root Beer that had caffeine in it. Bad, very very bad. So the next 36 hours he was such a joy to be around -- NOT. For those of you who don't know Russell can't have any caffeine -- not even chocolate since it has a small amount in it. After the first day things settled down and I was off to Florida. The house looks great ( I miss my pool ), I got my licence renewed for no charge, Mari's pin on went great and I got to see some people I haven't seen in years (the world is such a small place), and the dinner with friends was a fun night out. I was exhausted. Saturday night all of us got together for dinner at Grandma's house as sort of a birthday celebration for my Joel who turned 36 on Sunday. We had a great time and the cousins all played really well with each other. Sunday, we got to go to Grandpa's church. I have been having second thoughts about the church we chose to attend in WV. It is big and offers a lot, but I just still don't feel at home there. I don't feel comfortable with their formatting and although the people seem very nice there is just something missing. After going to church with Grandma and hearing Grandpa preach, I know we are going to have to search a little more to find a church home. His church ( he is interim pastor ) is so "comfortable", and that is what I want for a church family. Anyway, we left Monday morning and just did get back to WV in time for a little more than half of football practice.
So far this week has been very hectic. We have been washing all the clothes we took with us and going through all the boys clothes. While we were at Grandmas we bought the boys all their winter clothes. Caden and Ezekiel needed all new clothes because they have both grown several sizes since last winter and neither of them had any pants that would fit. Russell only needed new shirts(thank goodness) since he has worn the same pant size for 3 years(I feel a growth spurt coming). We had a fun time shopping at Old Navy with Grandma. Old Navy has become our store of choice for all our basic daily clothing needs. We can find really good deals there and the clothes are quality clothes. Also, their pants are awesome -- they actually carry a variety of Husky pants which Russell needs, and a plentiful selection of Slim pants which Zeke needs. The other cool thing about Old Navy is the sock sizes have smaller increments so you kid with size 2 shoes doesn't have to wear gigantic socks made to fit someone all the way up to size 8. We now have an enormous bag of boys winter clothing 5/6 to give away. In addition to getting the clothes sorted, after taking numerous trips in both vehicles they were in desperate need of cleaning. So Tuesday we took the truck first (we wanted Daddy to have a clean truck to come home to) and then the Lincoln and they both got a thorough cleaning. It is so nice to be driving around in clean cars again. Yesterday, I had to get up early to take Mischief for her last puppy shots. She already HATES the vet. As soon as we get out of the car at the vet she starts shaking and doesn't stop til we get home. At least she is a small dog and easy to move from place to place even when she doesn't want to go. I am not looking forward to Kadiy's next visit to the vet now that she weighs 150 pounds. After the vet, homeschooling, and Caden's nap, we finally got the grocery shopping done and in bed at regular bed times for the first time in a week. Yeah!
Now to get around to the title of the blog. Chris and I are expecting again. The baby is Due 31 Mar -- which coincidentally is the exact same day my brother Joel's wife Judy is expecting, and the exact same day that my friend Mari is expecting. That sure was a busy week. LOL. No, we don't know if it is a boy or a girl yet. Hopefully we will know by Thanksgiving.
As for the picture at the top of the page, well, I found it while looking through some old photos and it is one I have always liked so I thought I would share it.
1 comment:
Well, congratulations, of course! : ) Anna was born on her due date of Mar. 28, and I think that is a lovely time to have a baby.
Boy, I really know where you are coming from as far as church hunting goes. It is so hard to find one that really feels like home. It took us a year and a half. I'll pray that God will lead you to the one he wants you to be in.
Post a Comment