Monday, February 19, 2007

Progress?

After a very hectic day Friday (that really started Thursday night when Russell's friend David came over), Chris got finally got home for the weekend a little before midnight. Russell(Rusty) and Zeke both had friends over to play Friday and so there were five kids in the house. It went pretty well and everyone survived the day. We found out that Auri, a classmate of Zeke's, is an amazing artist. She drew lots of pictures for us, and they were all well beyond her 7 years. Maybe sometime I will scan one in and post it.

Saturday morning Rusty had a basketball game. He is really starting to get good at it and is learning to be a leader instead of being so upset about the lack of experience on his team. After the game Rusty and Zeke went to their fathers and Chris and I just hung out for the rest of the day. We arranged a babysitter for Caden and had dinner at one of our favorite places (Copper Grill) that night. We had a really good time but stayed up way too late and were both hurting all day Sunday. Sunday after noon we drove all the way to the outlet mall because Chris needed new jeans and Caden needed shoes. We went to the Stride Rite store first to get Caden his 5 and a half Extra wide shoes. He has the biggest foot. However when we went to get Chris jeans we found the old Levi outlet is gone. We will have to look again next weekend. Oh well.

Although we made a few more decisions about things we want to do around the house and actually bought a few more things, we have made no forward movement. No PROGRESS. Tomorrow, I have determined to get something done.

Today Chris took Zeke to the bus and they had a special breakfast together, so after Rusty finished most of his school work for the day we took him for a brunch to Cracker Barrel. We said goodbye to Chris for the week at around 2pm, and I am prepared for the hectic weekly schedule. This week I have one goal. Progress. I will make progress on at least one project around this house.

No comments: