Monday, February 26, 2007

Adventure Race

Last fall I was able to participate in an adventure race. It is something I have been wanting to do for a few years. To make it all even better the team was: Chris and I and Joel and Stephen ( my brothers ). It was a fun and challenging time. When it was all over we all decided we would like to do it again. So, I have been looking for another race to run this year. It is extremely difficult to come up with a weekend that fits the lives of 3 different families with 3 different work schedules, budgets, and geographic locations. I have confidence that we will find a new challenge this year in addition to returning to the race we did last year. Hind sight being 20/20 and all we discovered after rehashing and rehashing and etc. . . the race, many areas where we are confident we can skim time of our race finish time ( 12 hours, 12 minutes, 12 seconds ). The race was billed as a 6 hour race. The winning team came in after 7 hours and the second place team around 8 and a half (both these teams were paid professional teams). We are hoping to get down around the 9 hour mark this year with the improvements to our fitness and race strategy.
I've included a picture of us at one of the aid stations on the course.

No comments: